At the Prime Minister’s Community Business Partnership Meeting on 20 August 2018 members formed two working groups to progress priority issues.
Children in their first 1,000 days of life working group – convened by Mr Michael Gonski.
The group will:
- develop innovative strategies to drive better child development outcomes for children in their first 1,000 days of life across Australia
- provide policy advice to promote cross-sector partnerships to improve outcomes for children and families, and
- encourage investment and collaboration by government, philanthropy, corporates and communities on strategies focused on child development and parent capacity to improve life outcomes of Australia’s children.
Social Impact Investment working group – convened by Ms Angela Perry.
The group will:
- provide thought/policy leadership and identify strategies to support the growth of social enterprise and impact investment in Australia
- develop and promote the uptake of blended-finance models and innovative approaches to accessing philanthropic capital, including program related investment and loan guarantees, and
- make recommendations to better adapt government approaches, regulation and finance and franchising models to the SII and social enterprise market.
Giving structures subcommittee – convened by Mr Peter Treseder AO. The subcommittee sits under the SII working group and aims to develop advice to government in relation to:
- PAF to PUAF distribution, and
- Alternative giving structures, for example, community development trusts and living legacy trusts.
The working groups and subcommittee will progress priorities and opportunities for collaboration. They replace the previous working groups, information on which appears below.